At Times, We All Need Some Extra Support!
Licensed Marriage & Family Therapist
I work with individuals, couples and families in Maplewood, MN.
I help people who are struggling and stuck in painful cycles of conflict to heal and move forward.
I work with patients of all ages. However, for children ages children ages 0-10 years therapy is usually focused on parent-empowerment/coaching/ attachment-related issues through the use of family therapy sessions.
I am fluent in Hmong and am able to diagnose and treat Hmong speaking patients. I also provide help to Hmong clients to navigate issues around Christian and Shaman beliefs/issues.
I have extensive experience working with individuals and families from diverse backgrounds. I am passionate about strengthening roles and relationships in families to help them build deeper and more meaningful connections.
More often than not, when I meet with people, they feel like they have tried everything. I don’t believe in wasting people’s time or insisting upon unnecessary tools and tactics. This means that I am highly attentive to each person’s struggles, strengths, and needs. I prefer to begin to identify your specific goals right away and start focusing on developing tools and strategies for you and/or your family. My clients tell me that I have helped them by “thinking outside the box.” They feel that their voice and opinions are heard and validated by me. I believe it is essential for of us to be empowered to identify inner strengths and so we can begin to live confidently, rather than in constant conflict.
I love being a wife and a mom and believe in “walking the talk” of working on a healthy marriage, family life, and lifestyle. I don’t believe in “selling” anything that I am not willing to practice myself, because we all struggle with ups and downs in our lives.
- Pre-marital/marital/couples counseling
- Parent coaching
- Parent-child conflict (including attachment, school issues, running away, behavior, power-struggles, and violence)
- Grief and loss, including complex and ambiguous loss
- Holistic healing
- Postpartum depression and anxiety
- Cultural identity issues
- Collaborative Divorce
- Culturally Specific/Hmong Speaking
- Nutritional health and integration with mental health
- Spiritual growth and exploration
- Relaxation techniques and guided imagery
- Public speaking upon request
- Masters of Arts in Marriage and Family Therapy, Bethel Seminary, St. Paul, MN
- Undergraduate degree in Psychology, Northwestern College, St. Paul, MN
- Systems Family Therapy and Multi-Systemic Therapy
- Certified in hypnotherapy for relaxation
- Level 2 student in Healing Touch International, which is an energy-based therapy.
- Postpartum for Men and Women
- Collaborative Divorce
- 2 ½ years working for Children’s Crisis in the Ramsey County area
- 1 year as an intern practicing Parent-Child-Interaction-Time, providing psycho-education to mothers dealing with Child Protection and was a Parent-Supervisor.
- 2 ½ years doing intensive in-home collaborative bridging services for individuals, children, couples, and families
- 3 years + of outpatient therapy services, working with individuals, children, couples, and families
- I mentor to young people in the community and am the coordinator for the Hmong Marriage & Family Therapy Support Group.