At Times, We All Need Some Extra Support!
Licensed Marriage & Family Therapist
I provide Individual and Family therapy in Maplewood, MN.
I have specialized training working with individuals and families are currently experiencing or have experienced trauma and/or significant stressful experiences. I am trained in Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR) and Trauma-Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (TF-CBT).
I work with children and their families (birth to age 5) as well as with adolescents struggling with emotional and behavioral difficulties. As a parent, I understand that parenting can be the most difficult and the most valued job you have. I will work with you to explore your child’s challenges and assist in finding new ways to understanding and interact together and create a stronger, closer connection. I believe this happens when you are provided acceptance, warmth, kindness, and empathy. I also value humor and utilize it to create a place that feels safe to explore and grow. I hold honesty and transparency in the therapeutic process in the highest regard so that I can make each session as comfortable and transformative as possible.
In my work with children, I believe that significant change occurs when therapy is sought out early. I utilize play, art and music to help explore, identify and learn to how to appropriately express and manage emotions, while learning how to build and implement problem-solving skills in their lives and relationships with others. I have significant experience working with children and families in the foster care and adoption and understand the difficulties experienced with attachment disruptions.
- Parent coaching
- Parent-child conflict (including attachment, school issues, running away, disruptive behavior, power-struggles, and aggression/violence)
- Depression, anxiety, and other mood disorders
- Self-esteem issues and/or body image issues
- Communication issues
- Childhood & adolescent emotional/behavioral issues
- Early childhood emotional/behavioral difficulties (ages birth-6)
- Play Therapy
- Self-harm/suicidal ideation or behaviors
- Trauma Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- Individuals and families experiencing or healing from traumatic or significantly stressful life experiences
- Chemical dependency and/or co-dependency issues
- Individual Therapy
- Family Therapy
- Master of Arts in Marriage & Family Therapy; Saint Mary’s University of Minnesota; Mpls, MN
- Bachelor of Arts in Psychology; magna cum laude; University of Minnesota; Mpls, MN
- Undergraduate Certificate in Addiction Studies; University of Minnesota; Mpls, MN
- PREPARE/ENRICH Facilitator Certification
- Trauma-Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- EMDR Level I
- MN State Approved Training: Diagnostic Classification of Mental Health and Developmental Disorders of Infancy and Early Childhood (DC: 0-5)
- Theraplay Level I
- Parent-Child Interaction Therapy (PCIT)
- One year providing in-home and outpatient therapeutic services to children, adolescents, and adults in Hennepin County – Intern – Imani Youth & Family Services
- Four years providing intensive in-home therapeutic services to individuals and families of children/adolescents at risk for hospitalization and/or residential treatment in Washington County – Canvas Health
- Two years of providing training to foster parents in Washington County on caring for children who have experienced trauma and/or attachment disruption
- Two years of providing training to law enforcement in Washington County on adolescent mental health